2006 Ross Elbourn Turkey Trott
After last years visit to Nazeing Golf Club the Turket Trott returned to The Hertfordshire Golf Club. The day started with bacon rolls and coffee, followed by 18 holes around a wet Hertfordshire course and then a cracking 2 course carvery to finish the day. Althought the carvery was slightly delayed it was well worth its wait!
As per usual it was not a normal round of Texas Scramble! This years rules included:-
- Full set of clubs allowed
- Hole 3 par 4 � shortest drive to be taken irrespective of how far it goes or who played it. If lost or out of bounds usual penalty.
- Hole 5 par 5 � only a 9 iron is allowed until the ball is on the green then a putter may be used.
- Hole 11 par 3 � only a 5 iron or higher (4, 3, 2, 1 or driving iron, driver, or any other wood no higher than a 5). NO putter allowed on this hole.
- Hole 15 par 3 � Nearest the pin.
- Hole 17 par 5 � Longest drive.
- Hole 18 par 3 � you are only allowed to use a wood once you are on the putting green. NO putter allowed on this hole.
- All other holes played as normal.
||Dave Elbourn, Mike Menkies, Ken Downs, Peter Dawson-Goody (2 handicap)
||Ross Elbourn, Duncan Elbourn, Catherine Johns, Ian Fox (5 handicap)
||Jon Bunt, Richard Pennell, Richard Szemiako, Lee Kelly (scratch)
||71(on count back)
||Steve Wheeler, Adam Wheeler, Mark Gregory, Linda Gregory (1 handicap)
||Ian Hibbeard, Mike Hibbeard, Will Raal, Andre Raal (4 handicap)
||Tony Stephens, Ann Stephens, James Stephens, Geoff Howe (4 handicap)
||Martin Fishburn, Vickie Fishburn, Mick Rolfe, Alex Rolfe (5 hanidcap)
|Nearest the Pin